Happy Holidays! Holidays mean parties and parties come with the burden of having to make your presence felt and hence today, we are here to discuss a very serious topic. It is a recipe. The perfect recipe that will let you make a splash this party season!
- The prefect outfit – Find the perfect outfit. Be it a dress or a jumpsuit. Be it a maxi or a short one to show off your sexy legs. Find that outfit that you love, works for the party and carry it with confidence and poise.
- The perfect shoes suited to the nature of the party. Are you going to be dancing and jumping around all night? Go for some comfy flats. Are you going to have to walk a lot? Prefer wedges over heels. Be sensible and smart.
- Accessorize – A perfect outfit is not complete without the right accessories. Want your outfit to do the talking? Keep your accessories minimal with just a pair of statement ear rings. Keeping the outfit low key? Let your jazzy accessories do the talking. Two items you should never miss are a pair of ear rings and a purse. You would need a purse to carry all your necessities for the party. Check out this post to learn what kind of neck pieces complement your outfit’s neckline. I could not find some good red accessories for an outfit I was planning. So I thought why not DIY it! I just picked up my silver ear rings and necklace (BTW I have multiple owl necklaces 😛 ). and coated them with glitter using some fevicol. And tada you have some makeshift red accessories with you.
- Hairdo – Do not be afraid to experiment this season with a whacky hairdo, especially if your outfit is low-key. Go for a high pony, a top knot or even a side braid. They may not be your typical party hairdos, but someone has to introduce them to the party scene right?
- Makeup – Parties mean low light and low lights mean you need to highlight those cheekbones to shine. Don’t leave the high of the life be the only reason for the color in your cheeks. And don’t forget to add some red or maroon lippie for the perfect pout selfie. Too cheeky? 😛
Outfits used to be very simple to pick – Pick that LBD, add some jewelry and you are good to go. But with the array of options these days, one is bound to be confused and scared to not have a faux pas. Rompers may look great but do you really want to keep tugging at your dress while dancing away? Sweaters and jeans maybe cozy comfy but is that the impression you want to leave behind? Factoring these all in means a lot of tension. Worry not! This year, LBTC is taking some of the load off you and have put up some outfit ideas that you can derive inspiration from and base your outfit on. We have four different themes and we encourage you to think beyond and whip up some outfit ideas of your own. Remember to experiment, add a twist and don’t forget to carry the outfit with all your confidence.
Watch the outfits in play before going through the ideas.
Before you move on? Did you subscribe? Subscribe guys!
We love the word juxtaposition. Two things that are not supposed to go together, but put them together in an outfit and you have woven magic where it was not thought possible to. For this theme, we have created a “Biker Princess” look. For this outfit, pair a flowy A-line bright orange skirt with a crop top. Add a leather jacket and some flat boots for the biker look. Keep the accessories minimal and tie up your hair in high ponytail to complete the look. While you may see many girls flaunting their dresses, you will surely turn heads with contrasting pieces.
Ethnic with a twist
All of us love our ethnic outfits and they do bring an aura of elegance. This holiday season, bring ethnic into the party scene with a twist of your own. Don’t be afraid to mix and match wardrobe pieces you would not generally wear together. For this “Ethnic Party Look”, pair an ankle length heavy embroidered Pakistani kurti with a pair of black palazzos. The palazzos give the look of a an A-line skirt and the entire look is given a different dimension. You can pair the outfit with the classic silver heels or a funky pair of pink wedges. Add a twist to the look going for a high ponytail instead of leaving your hair open. You could also opt for an embroidered short kurti for the look.
Denims are your buddy for your day to day outfits, but this party season, look for some alternatives of denims in your wardrobe – skirts, dress pants or our favorite – the palazzos. Palazzos have been in trend since some time. Palazzos can be dressed up or down and work well with ethnic as well as western outfits. Check LBTC’s previous post to style palazzos for daily outfit inspirations. Don’t be afraid to think out of the box. For look 1, pair palazzos with a lehenga choli. Add some black heels and let the choli steal all the attention. For a more bohemian look, pair a crop top with the palazzos and add a crochet top over it and you have with you a perfect day time or bonfire look. For the final jazzy look, pair a glittery or sequined jacket over a crop top. The contrast of the chic look of the palazzos with the sparkle of the jacket will make and your outfit look a class apart in the crowd for sure. And tada you have a chic, wearable, trendy and party outfit.
For the final outfit inspiration, we have the classic option, because you can never go wrong with the classic. For this final outfit, we paired our ever loved LBD (which according to us, is a must have in your wardrobe – in multiple styles and lengths ;) ) with a pair of dusty pink wedges. Since the outfit is minimal, we went bold with our accessories and makeup. Red glittery ear rings, necklace and a bright bold lip. We also opted for a top knot to stand a little taller than the crowd. ;) But beware! Are you ready to have all eyes on you all night? ;)
Lastly, This party season, LBTC advises you to experiment. Don’t be afraid to explore your other side. Not daring enough to experiment with your outfit, opt for a whacky hairdo or some statement accessories. Experiment, have fun and be safe.
Did you like our outfit ideas? Did they spark an idea within you? What have you planned on donning to the parties this weekend? Let us know in the comments below. We wish you Happy Holidays and a very happy New Year! LBTC strives to keep spreading love and encourage you to do the same. If you liked the post, please don’t forget to comment, share, subscribe and follow us on our social media accounts. And as always, spread the love!
Finally, I would like to thank the people who are perfect in my eyes and the photographers behind the whole post – my mother and father. We strive to make you proud.
Looking Beyond The Cover