Disclaimer: Everything mentioned in the post and the series are based on personal experience and knowledge gained from freely available articles.
Previously in the series:
- Mental Health Issues 101
- Self-Harm Manifestations
- What To Do When You Are Feeling Low
- Getting Out Of A Panic Attack
- Addressing The Core Problem
- What Goes In A Care Package
- How To Help Someone In Need
- What NOT To Do When Someone Needs Help
- When On The Road To Recovery
- Guest Story 1
- Guest Story 2
- You Are Beautiful
We talked about care packages in the post where we talk about getting out of panic attacks.
What Is A Care Package
A care package does not necessarily mean a literal package. It might be a random corner in your house where you have all your favorite things that can instantly lift your mood. Or it could be a bag with these things or a box or any place accessible to you.
What Goes In A Care Package
Today, we talk about what can go in a care package. Some of the things we suggest to include are:
- Your favorite music
- Your favorite teddy bear/ childhood toy
- A coloring book + art supplies
- Favorite book
- Your favorite chocolate or candy
- Tea bags
- Scented candle
- Photographs of family, friends and all your loved ones
- Messages from yourself to reassure yourself
These are a few items in my care package. Still, working on the messages to myself. I know that will be the most reassuring when I am at my lowest place mentally. Any other suggestions for our care package? Let us know.