2018 is here and so is another year of a fresh start, new resolutions to make, follow through or break. While talking about how my 2017 resolutions were followed through last year, I made some conscious decisions to what to include and what not to include in this year’s resolutions. So, here we go, 18 in 2018.
- Invest time in LBTC’s marketing, social media, blogger interactions, and collaborations.
- Plan my savings. I do save at the moment but there is no specific thoughts or plans that go into these savings. Need to fix this soon.
- Travel alone.
- Experiment more with fashion, makeup, food, and hobbies.
- Attend meetups, conferences, events etc. I have a wide range of interests and I love learning more about them and meetups and conferences are such great opportunities to learn more, but somehow I haven’t had the courage to actually attend one. Will attend at least 4-6 this year.
- Invest more in self. Take care of my mental health and physical health. Take more time for self-pampering or to just spend time alone.
- Continue the good sleep pattern, dancing and socializing.
While these are general resolutions that I need to adhere that will make my life better, here are 11 tiny bucket-list items that I would like to strike off this year.
Tiny Bucket List Items
- Learn lyrics of Despacito. I’ve heard everyone talk how the song is so huge but how majority of the people do not know the lyrics, so I am taking this challenge.
- Walk and take pics on the ISB road. The road stretch that is in front of my workplace is in the shape of a V. If you know me, you know I love roads and I love this stretch of road, so I am going to take a walk to this road and take a pic there.
- Finish “Girl Boss” or “Bawse”. I loved the portions I read but couldn’t finish any of these two. Will finish one of them this year.
- Visit Udaipur.
- Cook 6 times for the family. I am not a fan of cooking at all. IT used to calm me when I was in school, but it has become a chore and anxiety-inducing task for me these days. But my folks love it when I cook. Last year I tried a couple of simple recipes and something they had not tried before and they were ecstatic that I made the effort. Hence, this year I will cook. The optimistic plan is to cook once a month. The realistic one is 6 times this year.
- Do nothing with my hair. No color or straightening or whacky haircut. I want to keep it trimmed to get rid of split ends etc and when my curls will outgrow my straight hair, I am going au naturale and back to OG curly hair.
- Explore Hyderabad local markets aka get out of the house for once.
- Do at least 12 redesign posts. I picked up the redesign posts in December for the Blogchatter Projects and it was so much fun and it made me realize why I started the blog in the first place. So will be doing a minimum of 1 post each month.
- Take at least 6 online courses. Love learning, need to invest time in things I love.
- Go to one dress up party. God! I love dressing up so much but I have never been to a fancy party where I can go full on glam. Will try to create or attend such an event this year.
- Learn basic conversational Telugu. This is a little moonshot project, but I would love to learn the language of the land I am in currently.
Meanwhile, here are a couple of my last year cooking experiments.
Well, that was all about our resolutions. What are your resolutions for 2018? Let us know in the comments below. Comment, share and don’t forget to spread the love!